Did you know?
* Chewing can help reduce a dog’s barking.
* Cats scratch to mark their territory.
* Placing a treat in a toy will encourage your pet to play with it.
While kittens depend on their mother's milk for their first few weeks of life, adult cats can become ill if they are fed large amounts of milk.
There are more than 100 different breeds of domesticated cats.
Neutering a cat lengthens its life expectancy by 2 to 3 years.
Did you know there are a number of common household plants that are dangerous to your cat?
* Aloe*Amaryllis*Andromeda Japonica*Asian Lily*Asparagus Fern*Australian Nut*Autumn Crocus*Avocado*Azalea*BirdsofParadise*American Bittersweet*EuropeanBittersweet*BranchingIvy*Buckeye*BuddistPine*Caladium*CallaLily*
CastorBean*Charming Diffenbachia*Chinaberry Tree*Chinese Evergreen*Christmas Rose*Clematis*Cordatum*Corn (or Cornstalk) Plant*Cutleaf Philodendron*Cycads*Cyclamen*Daffodil*Day Lily*Devil's Ivy*Dumb Cane*Deadly Nightshade*Easter Lily*Elephant Ears*Emerald Feather or Fern*English Ivy*Fiddle-Leaf Philodendron*Flamingo Plant*Florida Beatuy*Foxglove*Fruit Salad Plant* Glacier Ivy* Gladiolas* Glory Lily* Gold Dieffenbachia*Golden Pothos* Green Gold Nephthysis* Hahn's self branching English Ivy* Heartleaf Philodendron*Heavenly Bamboo* Holly* Horsehead Philodendron*Hurricane Plant*Hyacinth*Hydrangea*Iris* Japanses Show Lily* Japanese Yew*Jerusalem Cherry*Kalanchoe*Lace Fern*Lacy Tree*Lily of the Valley*Macadamia Nut*Madagascar Dragon Tree*Marble Queen* Marijuana*Mauna Loa Peace Lily*Mexican Breadfruit*Mistletoe*Morning Glory* Mother-In-Law*Narcissus*Needlepoint Ivy* Nephthytis* Nightshade* Oleander* Onion* OrangeDayLily* Orange Day Lily* Panda* PeaceLily* Philodendron Pertusum*
* Precatory Bean* Queensland Nut* Red Emerald* Red Lily* Red-Margined Dracaena* Red Princess* Rhododendron* Ribbon Plant* Rubrum Lily* Saddle Leaf Philodendron*Sago Palm* Satin Pothos* Schefflera* Spotted Dumb Cane* Stargazer Lily* Striped Dracaena* Sweetheart Ivy* Swiss cheese Plant * Taro Vine* Tiger Lily* Tomato Plant* Tree Philodendron* Tropic Snow Dumbcane*Tulip *Variable Dieffenbachia* Variegated Philodendron* Warneckei Dracaena* Wood Lily * Yesterday,Today,Tomorrow* Yew*
If your Cat ingests any of these plants contact your veterinarian immediatly. You can also contact the ASPCA National Animal Poison Control Center is a 24-hour emergency service with phones manned by licensed veterinarians and toxicologists (these are not free calls; have your credit card handy):
You can call 24 hours a day from anywhere in the U.S. 1-888-426-4435
There are 701 pure breeds of dogs.
The world's oldest dog was 29 years old!
A dog's sense of smell is about 1000 times better than a human's.
Did you know there are some foods that are harmful to your pet? If your pet ingests any of these foods contact your vetrinarian.
Avocado toxic to birds, mice, rabbits, horses, cattle, and dairy goats
Candy (particularly chocolate, which is toxic to dogs, cats, and ferrets, and any candy containing the sweetener Xylitol)
Coffee (grounds, beans, chocolate covered espresso beans)
Hops (used in home beer brewing)
Onions and onion powder
Potato leaves and stems (green parts)
Tomato leaves and stems (green parts)